Mark Minasi's Reader Forum
Mark Minasi's Reader Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Minasi Forum RSS Feed
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 HALP! Questions on Windows and Windows Server
 Windows Server 2008
 Server 2008 R2 SP1 boot problems
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SaBuJo
Welcome Newcomer

Brazil
4 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2011 :  3:37:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a problem with an HP server. Occurred the following ProLiant server had problems and was on the motherboard replaced. The HP technician does not set the BIOS to use the RAID configuration of which was the installation of Windows Server 2008 R2. The same technician tried to recover windows which of course did not work because the drivers and other information from the hardware store have changed. The server now stay on black screen during boot without any message, only in log of Bios is displayed a message about unknow O.S.

The initial installation was done using the DVD from HP and was not created a boot partition (100 MB).

Using the Windows Server 2008 DVD to boot and installing the drivers for RAID from pen-drive I can see all windows partitions on RAID, but repair options fail to repair boot. I don't have any restoration point to try restore this server. When I use diskpart in order to repair the Windows DVD appears the Windows partition and the partition with windows instalation is active but don't Boot.

HP Brazil reports that support is only the hardware and I need seek the technical has should make the switch to the motherboard for solve the problem, or is that I'll have to solve the problem.

I know there must be a way to rebuild the boot server, just do not know how to do it in Windows Server 2008, I have done this in XP Professional eg.

Can anyone help me what to do to solve this problem.

Thanks for any help.

don2007
Honorable But Hopeless Addict

2157 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2011 :  4:49:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can you get to a command prompt either from the repair DVD or F8? If so try one of the following:

bootrec /fixmbr (press enter)
bootrec /fixboot (press enter)
bootrec /rebuildbcd (press enter)

or try this

del c:\boot\ /f /s (press enter)

The problem, with history is that the people who were there aren't talking & the people who weren't there won't stop talking.
Go to Top of Page

SaBuJo
Welcome Newcomer

Brazil
4 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2011 :  10:22:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by don2007

Can you get to a command prompt either from the repair DVD or F8? If so try one of the following:

bootrec /fixboot (press enter)

or try this

del c:\boot\ /f /s (press enter)

/fixmbr its ok
/fixboot display object missing
/rebuildBCD the same message "object missing". This command locate windows instalation.

I try bootsect /nt60 all /force but don't work to.

How am I doing boot from the DVD and have to use the RAID driver to a flash drive drive letters change on each boot and the OS drive (C:) is usually charged with the letter F or G

In windows partition I have a bootsect.bak bootmgr and bootmgr.efi files/folders only. Don't have any boot folder

Go to Top of Page

SaBuJo
Welcome Newcomer

Brazil
4 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2011 :  9:56:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Problem solved finally.

After trying various solutions found on the internet microsoft page (technet) command savior.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd744347%28WS.10%29.aspx

My savior was BCDBOOT command.

BCDboot C:\Windows /s C: /v

Only this and my Server 2008 R2 boots again, and now working without problems.

Thanks for help.
Go to Top of Page

don2007
Honorable But Hopeless Addict

2157 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2011 :  2:56:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad to hear it. Thanks for the solution.

The problem, with history is that the people who were there aren't talking & the people who weren't there won't stop talking.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Mark Minasi's Reader Forum © 2002-2011 Mark Minasi Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000