Mark Minasi's Reader Forum
Mark Minasi's Reader Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Minasi Forum RSS Feed
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 HALP! Questions on Windows and Windows Server
 Windows Home Server
 WHS Client Restore Win 7 64bit issue
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

powerjunkie
Welcome Newcomer

2 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2011 :  5:13:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had a Win7 64bit Client hard drive crash and I am having difficulty restoring a drive image from my WHS. I have a current image backed up and I have replaced my hard drive already. When I try to restore the image however via the client restore cd, It does not locate the server. My win 7 client is 64bit and I was told the restore CD cannot restore to 64bit. I located a thread that told me to install the 32 bit vdrivers for my realtek NIC but it does not seem to work. I have reinstalled a fresh copy of Win7 and can boot to that no problem - my NIC works perfectly that way but as soon as I boot from the restore CD, my NIC stops working (i.e. lights disapear). If I can just find my server, everything else should be cake. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

wkasdo
Administrator

Netherlands
7636 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2011 :  2:58:08 PM  Show Profile  Click to see wkasdo's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Still, looks like you're on the righ track. Seen this one?
http://www.mediasmarthome.com/article/14041/Restoring-64-bit-PCs-from-Windows-Home-Server-What-You-Need-to-Know/

Make it as simple as you can, but not simpler -- Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

powerjunkie
Welcome Newcomer

2 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2011 :  10:29:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the reply - I had not seen that article yet. I have tried every 32 bit driver I can find for my NIC. Each time I try to load a new one, it says "no drivers are found for the device". I am loading from my USB drive. I have even tried booting into windows and manually deleting the driver and then booting to the restore disk to use one of the 32 bit ones I have loacated. When it boots up, it finds the 64 bit system driver. Is there a way I can force the 32 bit version to overwrite the system one upon start up?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Mark Minasi's Reader Forum © 2002-2011 Mark Minasi Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000