Mark Minasi's Reader Forum
Mark Minasi's Reader Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Minasi Forum RSS Feed
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 HALP! Questions on Windows and Windows Server
 Windows Server 2008 R2
 Xerox 32Bit Drivers on Windows 2008R2 - 64-Bit
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MadCow
Honorable But Hopeless Addict

Canada
1853 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2011 :  11:53:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Xerox Work Centre 5030.
Installed 64-Bit drivers on my Windows 2008R2 Server and shared the printer.

Now when the users connected to this share running Windows XP 32-Bit are having issues.

When I try to install 32-Bit drivers on my Windows 2008R2 (64-Bit) in the half way it prompts
me to insert a CD: \i386 and I pointed it to the folder on my C:\Drive and it does not find nothing??

It appears to be asking for Windows 32-Bit CD?????

Anybody see this issue? How do I fix this?

Advise Please.

Thank you

Sunny

"Everyone is susceptible to the notion that when you begin to do well, you begin to see no boundary lines and forget the rules apply" - Eliot Spitzer

Edited by - MadCow on 02/16/2011 08:49:30 AM

Rastor728
Major Contributor

USA
821 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2011 :  2:02:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just extracted my Xerox printer drivers to a single folder, once extracted I stopped the auto installer and then used the Print Management tool on the 2008 server to "add drivers" and then selected the x86 driver in the search window and navigated to the local folder and it picked up the driver.

Even though I could have had the system search for both x64 and x86 drivers at the same time, I just did each one separately.

For me, the worst part of playing golf, by far, has always been hitting the ball...Dave Barry
Go to Top of Page

timberk
Major Contributor

USA
786 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2011 :  4:38:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, this is a common problem adding 32 bit drivers to a 64 bit Windows print server. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. To some extent, it seems to be driver dependent. In other words, some Xerox 32 bit drivers *will* install without error, from a 64 bit machine. It might be worthwhile to try some different drivers. If you have a 32 bit client machine running Vista or WIndows 7, you can add the Print Management Console (from RSAT), connect to the 64 bit Print Server and add the 32 bit drivers from there. Alternately, I have UNC share, where I dump all print drivers, currently in use. When prompted, select 'have disk' and browse to the file share. A bit of a pain, but it does work.

~tb

Edited by - timberk on 02/15/2011 4:40:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

shadowman
Here To Stay

Netherlands
164 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2011 :  11:20:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit shadowman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
With Xerox drivers if you want them to add to be 32bit on a Windows Server 2008 machine, you need to grab them from a Windows 7 32 Bit workstation. There is a support article from Microsoft about it:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/952065

Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you gonna get.
Go to Top of Page

MadCow
Honorable But Hopeless Addict

Canada
1853 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2011 :  08:48:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks all.

Shadowman it worked by using a Windows 7 - 32B OS and using the drivers from it.

Sunny

"Everyone is susceptible to the notion that when you begin to do well, you begin to see no boundary lines and forget the rules apply" - Eliot Spitzer

Edited by - MadCow on 02/16/2011 08:49:19 AM
Go to Top of Page

NSFEddie
Old Timer

USA
561 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2011 :  11:38:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I ran into problems using PCL6 universal drivers on Xerox WorkCenter
machines that were solved by falling back to PCL5 and/or PS drivers for XP SP3 clients.

Eddie

NSFEddie
CO front range
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Mark Minasi's Reader Forum © 2002-2011 Mark Minasi Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000