Mark Minasi's Reader Forum
Mark Minasi's Reader Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Minasi Forum RSS Feed
 All Forums
 Email, Databases, Sharepoint and more
 Windows SharePoint Services / Portal
 DisableLoopbackCheck & SharePoint

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Note: please do not cross-post.
Cross-postings will be deleted and ignored.
Thanks for helping to keep this forum junk-free!
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JSCLMEDAVE Posted - 07/28/2011 : 2:16:01 PM
Thank you Anne for this link..!

DisableLoopbackCheck & SharePoint: What every admin and developer should know.

Earlier today a Twitter conversation amongst some SharePoint people including my good buddies Todd Klindt and Rick Taylor took place on the subject of the infamous “loopback fix”. I promised to do a follow up post here to clear up some misconceptions about this subject with respect to SharePoint.

What is the issue?
Windows Server 2003 SP1 introduced a loopback security check. This feature is obviously also present in Windows Server 2008. The feature prevents access to a web application using a fully qualified domain name (FQDN) if an attempt to access it takes place from a machine that hosts that application. The end result is a 401.1 Access Denied from the web server and a logon failure in the event log.
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lady_mcse Posted - 07/28/2011 : 2:38:22 PM
Yer quite welcome. That article was a total lifesaver to me. One thing I don't fully understand tho if I followed it correclty is that this is pretty much 100% guaranteed to be needed if it's a single-server installation. But later one when I rebuilt my farm and split out to SQL + Web Front End, I found that I still needed to do it! Right now we are still in dev\test environments, but I'm close to bringing my first production farm online.

Mark Minasi's Reader Forum © 2002-2011 Mark Minasi Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000