|T O P I C R E V I E W
||Posted - 10/18/2010 : 2:55:18 PM
My current SCCM server needs to be re-done.
It's an old Dell 2850, it's out of space, it has the wrong version of Server 2008 R2 on it, and we want to remove the SQL, and have it run the database off of our dedicated SQL server.
So, my question is how hard is it to migrate from one instance of SCCM R2 to another?
I was just going to turn off the old one, start installing the new one, use the same site code, and have it take over.
Would that work?
|1 L A T E S T R E P L I E S (Newest First)
||Posted - 10/18/2010 : 4:07:48 PM
in SMS 2003, I had to replace the W2000SP4 primary server with a 2003 box.
This is what I did from memory (3+ years ago):
1. final site backup
2. final backup of files (Package share, etc)
3. disconnect old server, re-ip and rename it. Stop all SMS activity
4. Rename new server to same name as old serer (NOT entirely sure if this was necessary)
5. IP new server to same IP as old server (Pretty sure this was necessary)
6. On new server, install SQL, SMS
7. Run site recovery wizard
real rough outline. I didn't move the database off the primary site.