Mark Minasi's Reader Forum
Mark Minasi's Reader Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Minasi Forum RSS Feed
 All Forums
 Cloud Computing
 Anything Cloud-Related
 Help pls: free clouds for doc share

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Note: please do not cross-post.
Cross-postings will be deleted and ignored.
Thanks for helping to keep this forum junk-free!
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Mark Minasi Posted - 11/19/2011 : 4:10:22 PM
Hey all --

I'm rearranging how I do business a bit and need to be able to share folders of short Word documents with people who (1) can't get to my office physically and (2) have f**king Macs so I can't get VPN to work and it'd be too difficult for a non-technical assistant, but (3) we are NO way ready for Office 365. Oh, and I don't want them to have to figure out Chrome OR put Java on their computers. And I'd like to secure the thing without having to complete 9 semester hours on someone's arcane security system.<g> The person with the Mac has Office for the Mac and I am sooo hoping that it reads Office 2010 docs. (Ah, for the ancient days before the Tower of Babel fell, and everyone EXPECTED to have to have a PC if they wanted to engage in business communication over the Web. Sigh.)

So far, it looks like the Chrome/Java thing shuts out Google Docs. Am I right about that? (It'd be a shame, as we're now sharing my calendar via Google Calendar and it's working quite well.)

Live seems to work okay, although I wonder if there are any Mac minefields to worry about?

Is there a better answer? Especially if it's free? Thanks.
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
netmarcos Posted - 12/01/2011 : 2:43:15 PM
I use both SkyDrive and Dropbox for different reasons, but nary a Mac in sight that didn't grow on a tree in Michigan or New York.
mitachu Posted - 12/01/2011 : 08:42:14 AM
And yes, bloody Macs eh?
mitachu Posted - 12/01/2011 : 08:41:32 AM
Dropbox.
mogi Posted - 11/30/2011 : 3:01:45 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Playwell

Skydrive is not mac friendly

Hey, just saw this post and wanted to let you know— SkyDrive works quite well on Macs. The viewer & editor web apps for Word/Excel/PowerPoint/OneNote are fully functional with all Mac browsers. And if they have Office 2011 for Mac installed, they can also edit SkyDrive documents from their desktop apps. Give us a shot :)

Greg (MSFT)
JamesNT Posted - 11/29/2011 : 11:46:49 PM
Stupid <profanity removed so I can maintain my friendship with Curt> Macs. We have clients that want to connect to our Terminal Servers using Crapintosh computers and iPeeds. Drives me nuts.

And the only reason these people bought the things is because "they get less viruses than a PC" or "because I thought it looked cool."

FFS.

JamesNT
lady_mcse Posted - 11/29/2011 : 6:25:38 PM
Somehow, I'm thinking I'd better just not answer this one ...
ukinahan Posted - 11/28/2011 : 7:42:20 PM
SugarSync works great on Mac's also
quote:
Originally posted by sixdoubleo

I've been using SugarSync for a about a year now and am happy with it.

sixdoubleo Posted - 11/22/2011 : 2:05:06 PM
I've been using SugarSync for a about a year now and am happy with it.
Playwell Posted - 11/21/2011 : 1:40:33 PM
Skydrive is not mac friendly
NMDANGE Posted - 11/21/2011 : 1:22:19 PM
What about SkyDrive?
jaxdave Posted - 11/21/2011 : 09:07:12 AM
Have you looked at Salesforce Chatter?

https://www.chatter.com/
Playwell Posted - 11/20/2011 : 1:49:41 PM
Share between my Windows and my mac by Dropbox.

Works like a charm

Google docs works on both mac and Windows btw. Wonder why it does not work with you?

Mark Minasi's Reader Forum © 2002-2011 Mark Minasi Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000