Mark Minasi's Reader Forum
Mark Minasi's Reader Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Minasi Forum RSS Feed
 All Forums
 Off Topic
 Off Topic Banter
 I too now want to be batman.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Note: please do not cross-post.
Cross-postings will be deleted and ignored.
Thanks for helping to keep this forum junk-free!
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JSCLMEDAVE Posted - 10/22/2011 : 08:27:45 AM
Wanted to share this which I got via Twitter.

Amazingly Insane!

I thought I had a brilliant day, then I saw the video @mkleef tweeted http://bit.ly/njbpSu and have decided I too now want to be batman.
16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
NikolasE Posted - 04/23/2012 : 04:58:35 AM
Wow.Amazing Video. Okay this guy sure Lives his life to the Edge. Like everyone Does in Different Way. I agree that Asking your Girl/Wife if she puts Weight is Dangerous. I asked mine few Days ago and her Expression wasnt nice at all and Me Stearing at her with a Cute Smile so she doesnt kill me ;).

There is a Guy Also on Bikes dont remember which Country his Nickname is Ghost Rider check Youtube for it. Well he is Driving 300khm and his front Tire is on air.I do Admire this kind of People as long as they dont get hurted or cause hurt to anyone else.
netmarcos Posted - 04/16/2012 : 10:45:40 AM
While we are sufficiently off topic: it has been said that there is no such thing as a stupid question; I beg to differ. "Do I look fat in this?" is a colossally stupid question for which there is no right and acceptable answer. Only horror and despair lies down that path.

Back to the thrill/risk calulus of life,
quote:
Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.
Helen Keller.

DennisMCSE Posted - 04/16/2012 : 10:01:55 AM
Tim, I think asking your wife if she's gaining weight is more risky than jumping off a mountain. Just saying. lol

JSCLMEDAVE Posted - 04/16/2012 : 09:55:00 AM
So true Mark! Living on the edge for me is making it to work through this Dallas traffic, sending Don Jones Posh scripts with Write-Host in them, or asking my wife if she is gaining weight.

I admire people who can live on that edge, to a degree... There is a very thin line separating WOW and really..?
netmarcos Posted - 04/16/2012 : 08:56:04 AM
That is the risk of living on the edge. He came within a meter or so on the flight that started this thread, about the same on the Matterhorn (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gK-zACrlZc&feature=related)...it was only a matter of time before he cut it too close. Many others have not been so lucky. Of course, I have had friends die walking home from school. I suppose we all calculate our risks on our own scale.
JSCLMEDAVE Posted - 04/16/2012 : 08:33:09 AM
And THAT is why I defend my fear of heights...
netmarcos Posted - 04/16/2012 : 06:06:47 AM
Perhaps this is a more appropriate follow-up on the risks of being Batman: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wB6TuHwLg0w&feature=related
JSCLMEDAVE Posted - 04/15/2012 : 11:48:17 PM
Still watching this thing,,, I think I know how I am going to go... I did not see him drop a Patron bottle so I may be wrong... <g>
Curt Posted - 10/31/2011 : 1:16:54 PM
Seems like a crazy thing to do...... until, it's a means of getting some place you can't land a machine or you need to rescue some one off a burning building or something.

wobble_wobble Posted - 10/26/2011 : 05:56:41 AM
Bit tamer, but still have potential for lots of busted bones

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=Cj6ho1-G6tw
Btil Entrails Posted - 10/25/2011 : 9:39:04 PM
This was on the Yahoo site on the scroll bar. "Montant, 30, had embarked on a solo BASE jumping wingsuit expedition".

Speed-flying champion Antoine Montant found dead in French Alps
http://www.grindtv.com/snow/blog/30798/speed-flying%20champion%20antoine%20montant%20found%20dead%20in%20french%20alp/

I showed my youngest son (7 yrs old), the video that Tim posted and he wants to do it. I told him it is okay for him to do so, but after I am dead.

wobble_wobble Posted - 10/25/2011 : 6:33:26 PM
Would love to try it.....but way tooooooooo scared and ain't got a mountain you could try than off in Ireland that wouldn't get you wet landing in the sea.
Xenophane Posted - 10/25/2011 : 5:34:59 PM
That is just crazy...
netmarcos Posted - 10/25/2011 : 3:28:34 PM
quote:
Originally posted by DennisMCSE

Holy frak! Did he almost hit the ground about halfway through, just before the balloon guy? It looked pretty close.

Yup. Looks to be within 2 meters of the ground on that pass. His own comment near the end was, "Well, I came extremely close on that one."
DennisMCSE Posted - 10/24/2011 : 10:45:38 PM
Holy frak! Did he almost hit the ground about halfway through, just before the balloon guy? It looked pretty close.

Btil Entrails Posted - 10/24/2011 : 6:25:52 PM
Just crazy, I think I will stay at the end of the bar having a drink on this one.

Mark Minasi's Reader Forum © 2002-2011 Mark Minasi Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000